Daily life can be rough. You never know when you’re going to get a gash against your forearm, or have a scab forcibly removed when you’re not paying attention to your surroundings. Even if you’re careful not to get roughed up too much, you might have to handle something nasty which makes your skin crawl with thoughts of germs and other harmful microbial life intent on making your life just that much harder. And, what if you’re clean yourself, but you have to interact with surfaces that are sure to be breeding grounds for all kinds of biological viruses. This is where medical wipes come in.
Unlike hand sanitizers, antibacterial wipes can be used not only to disinfect wounds on your person, but to also wipe clean any surface you might be about to touch. These handy little superheroes of the atomic world are not only extremely easy to carry around, owing to their small size and non-existent weight, but are also readily available at your local convenience store at very affordable prices. It’s quite a good practice to periodically wipe your hands clean with these wipes when out of the house. Here we’ll put together a list of just some of the medical wipes available on the market right now, and what you should know or consider before you decide on the brand you’ll swear by in the future.
“How difficult can buying what amounts to tissue paper really be?”, you might be wondering. Well, truth be told, it isn’t. But that doesn’t mean you should be completely clueless when you go in to buy some. Here are some things you might need to consider when buying medical wipes.
Medical wipes can be classified into two categories before even delving into the various kinds on display at the health center. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic. It won’t make a huge difference which one you pick; both kinds get rid of bacteria and germs with just the same efficiency. But as alcohol evaporates off the skin, it also takes with it the oils on your skin, leaving it feeling dry. Many people swear by non-alcoholic wipes, claiming the alcohol is harmful to the skin and especially to children. In the end it really comes down to personal choice; either you like the feeling of dry hands the alcoholic wipes create, or you’re more comfortable with non-alcoholic wipes that leave your hands feeling moisturized after a use.
Next, you should decide just what kind of wipes you require. You have detergent wipes, which are used to wipe down surfaces and equipment in medical centers before they can be sanitized. Get these if you plan to properly keep some health equipment clean, as these precede sanitization via sanitary wipes. Then there’s the antiseptic wipes themselves, used to kill bacteria on a surface after it has been wiped with detergent wipes.
Then of course, there’s the hand wipes themselves, plenty of which are multipurpose and can be used to wipe both hands and surfaces clean. These are probably what you should go for if you’re not a doctor running their own clinic. These will keep you happy for your day to day use and make sure your hands don’t become the unwitting carriers of mild or even deadly diseases.
Lastly there are also different kinds of bed bath wipes. These too are mostly used in hospitals, but can also come in handy if you’re looking after an older member of your family. These are useful for washing down and cleansing patients or disabled people that cannot receive a proper bath due to being confined to a bed or a wheelchair.
Here is a list of some medical wipes that should be sufficient to meet your daily needs, no matter which degree they may vary to.
- Extremely compact and easy to carry around with you anywhere you go.
- Can be used for multiple purposes, from wiping wounds to cleaning your table before a meal.
- Small size makes them perfect for wiping your nails clean.
- Individually wrapped, so you don’t end up accidentally wasting more than the amount you require.
- Antiseptic wipes, convenient for daily use as well as first aid.
- Great for removing infections and killing bacteria in cuts and scrapes.
- Individually wrapped and easy to dispose of.
- Small size makes it extremely easy to take around with you.
- Great for everyday cleaning in the absence of water and soap.
- Antiseptic wipes intended for antibacterial use on skin.
- Individual wrapping makes sure you don’t waste more wipes than you need.
- Easy to unfold, non-fragrant wipes.
- Strong material makes sure the wipes don’t rip in your hands when being handled.
- Big size makes them perfect for cleaning particularly large injuries and quicker wiping in general.
- Alcohol free and doesn’t sting the skin.
- Intended for antiseptic use on the body and dirty surfaces.
- Large size makes them ideal for personal use as well as caring for patients and the elderly.
- Useful for cleansing cuts, gouges, scrapes, and other injuries.
- Effective in eliminating bacteria and stopping infections on injuries.
- Easy to carry around in pockets and purses.
- Individual wrapping deters wastage and keeps each pad moist and fresh.
- Saturated with 70% isopropyl alcohol, these pads are perfect for medicinal uses.
- Perfect for readying the skin before being injected.
- Effectively kills bacteria wherever the skin may have been penetrated.
- Keeps cuts, punctures, and scratches sterile and safe from infection.
- Perfect for use at hospitals and clinics as well as at home.
- Alcohol free and constituted of a gentle pH value makes it ideal for irritation-free skin cleansing.
- Convenient to carry around in the provided pack.
- Contains aloe, which helps soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Gets rid of odor and leaves you feeling clean and fresh all day long.
- Gentle wiping pads, free of residue that sticks to your hands.
- Great for sensitive and delicate skin prone to allergies.
- Thick material that is strong and doesn’t tear yet feels soft in the hands at the same time.
- Biodegradable material allows you to dispose of them carefree.
- Can also be used to wash oneself when unable to take a bath.
- Nice, sizeable packs allow for easy wiping.
- Soft and gentle, these wipes are excellent for sensitive skin and newborns.
- Alcohol free, leaves the skin soft and moisturized.
- Contain 99% water, filtered to exceptional standards to provide the gentlest wipes possible.
- Clean thoroughly without dousing the user in a ton of scent.
- Flushable wipes for adults.
- Specialized texture excels at cleaning.
- Biodegradable and starts to break down as soon as flushed.
- Removes odor and bacteria, leaving you cleaner than conventional toilet papers.
- Extremely moist and provides gentle, comfortable wipes.
- Soft wipes, gentle on the skin and comfortable to use with no rinsing required.
- Aloe based formula leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized.
- Free of alcohol, non-irritating, and fragrance free.
- Pack dispenses one wipe at a time, reducing waste end eliminating contamination.
- Pack comes with closeable lid to keep wipes moist when not in use.
- Can be warmed up for even more luxurious cleansing.
- Sizeable pads which helps with wiping.
- Designed specifically to prevent against cross-contamination.
- Compatible with a multitude of different surfaces, from stainless steel and glass to baskets and cabinets.
- Useable without the worry of airborne sprays.
- Compact tub container which dispenses each wipe independently.
- Efficient and works quickly on a lot of different bacteria and harmful microorganisms.
- Extremely quick, and extremely deadly to all kinds of bacteria and viruses.
- Useable on all kinds of non-porous surfaces imaginable, like tubs and countertops to phones and keyboards.
- Also effective on gym equipment and gym mats.
- Dries quickly without leaving residue behind.
- Removes odors and leaves a lasting fresh scent.
- Snag-free dispenser which is convenient to use in a hurry.
- Takes care of serious viruses like E. Coli and Salmonella.
- Extremely affordable.
- Comes in fresh as well as lemon scents.
- Extremely quick and efficient at killing bacteria and other viruses.
- Thick, durable wipes that don’t require a gentle touch lest they get a tear.
- Ships in multiple canisters which you can keep in various rooms.
- Cleans and disinfects all manner of non-porous surfaces.
- Closeable lid to keep wipes fresh and moist.
This concludes our list on the various kinds of medical wipes that can be ordered straight to your home. As you can see, these wipes are pretty useful objects to have on your person, as they ensure you’re always prepared for infections and unclean surfaces, not to mention that they are extremely convenient for cleaning your hands whenever you require when there’s no soap and water at hand. Furthermore, the huge variety of the types of wipes being sold guarantees you’ll find a pack that’s suited for your everyday needs.