Apples, as we know, are one of the most nutritious fruits. An apple a day is not just an old wives’ tale: especially, when consumed with its skin, it gives one high level of antioxidants that fight free radical damage, fiber, and good carbs, as well as a multitude of vitamins like C and minerals. Apple pectin is also known to lower cholesterol levels, help maintain blood pressure, and is a good source of natural sugar. And, of course, they’re low in fats and sodium.
Although nutritious, apples over and over again can surely be boring. Our sweet and tart apple muffin recipe is one non-traditional and all-natural dessert with healthy ingredients. Not only is it a good treat for your sweet tooth, but also a healthy dessert option with apples as the primary highlight. Let’s have a look at how to nail this ever-tasty treat here!
Natural Sweet-Tart Apple Muffin Recipe
With this super easy and light recipe, treat your taste buds with these natural sweet-tart apple muffins. From ingredients to step by step instructions and additional tips, we have articulated everything to make a perfect cinnamon rich apple muffin.
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (adds to the tart flavor)
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cups walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup of oat bran (optional)
Step by Step Instructions:
- Take 2 eggs at room temperature. Separate the yolk from egg whites, beating the latter till they foam.
- Take a mixing bowl to mix the egg yolk with their beaten egg whites, adding 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with ½ cup of vegetable oil and stipulated pure maple syrup.
- Take another bowl for mixing 1 tablespoon lemon juice with chopped organic apples. We recommend using Granny Smith.
- To make an even muffin batter, take the third bowl to sift 1 ¼ cups of wheat pastry flour. Add ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix all dry ingredients well.
- Slowly pour the beaten egg mixture into your dry ingredients. Do it in 2 or 3 portions, so no lumps form within it. Cut and fold till you get a thick and smooth paste.
- Add chopped organic apples and 1 tablespoon lemon juice within your batter. Make sure the pieces of apples are not too big! You can also add walnuts or oat bran at this stage.
- Let your batter rest for 5 minutes, and then pour it into a muffin tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Garnish your beautifully baked apple muffins. Serve them warm or cold, with organic apple jam or butter for an excellent taste!
Some Useful Tips:
- Commercial vendors often spray fruits with chemicals, and their skins retain the toxins in them. Sometimes, these toxins may even penetrate through into the fruit. Therefore, always use organic and fresh apples.
- Use high precision tools to measure when making the batter for an excellent texture.
- Adding oat bran to the recipe helps keep cholesterol levels in the balance as they are fiber-rich. Just make sure to use a bit more maple syrup.
- Serve with dips of natural apple jam or butter.
- Use our five essentials below for a seamless baking experience!
5 Baking Essentials to Nail Sweet-Tart Apple Muffins
The secret of a perfect apple muffin lies equally in the way of baking it as in its recipe or ingredients. Therefore, it is essential to have your baking arsenal all equipped with what you need. Given the importance, let us take a look at what five baking essentials to own for nailing your sweet-tart apple muffins!
Available at a low rate, this muffin pan from Wilton is a must-have to bake deliciously smooth-textured muffins. Its non-stick carbon body heats quickly, providing heat to the muffin batter evenly in ovens. It also has a great capacity, letting you bake a batch of dozen muffins at one given time. The cherry on top? Its heavy-duty exterior with its ultra-durability makes it highly cost-effective and one long-lasting product. Unlike many, it is also dishwasher safe.
However, as the tray takes space because of its size, it is not recommended if you have a small baking oven.
Made of 100% food-grade silicone with no toxic materials, these baking cups by LetGoShop are essential if you bake muffins or cupcakes often. These eco-friendly baking cups are one of their kind: their non-stick body and flexibility make popping out muffins no less than a breeze. As these cups are easy to clean and do not get wet, one can use them over and over again, making these cost-effective. The cherry on top? It’s available in many sizes and shapes at affordable rates on Amazon.
This lightweight hand mixer is an electrically powered beater that works well for all types of sauces, doughs, and batters. It beats your material well, allowing you to control the pace from controls of 5-speed settings: there is also a power boost option. Its professional, slick style lets you grip it well. It is also dishwasher safe, with removable beaters allowing you to clean it with ease. This hand mixer also features a bowl and heel rest.
With an affordable rate and easy to read measurements, this set of measuring cups and spoons is essential for making premium-quality apple muffins. Although made of plastic, this product set is BPA free and contains no toxic materials. Hence, it’s safe for use. It is also very cost-effective as it is not only long-lasting but is useful in all recipes where you need to weigh out your ingredients. The design of these cups and spoons gives them good accuracy and precision.
Featuring premium quality stainless steel, this set of three mixing bowls with a lid by Priority Chef is excellent bakeware. Its spacious interior with a non-slip silicone bottom allows you to whisk without worries of spilling your batter. As these come with a super seal lid, it lets you preserve your muffin batter in flavor and freshness for later use.
However, they are a little expensive, but they are worth the tag!
The Bottom line
With our five baking essentials and recipe, make our favorite sweet-tart apple muffins. It is one great option for breakfast or lunch: its light taste with the cinnamon and apple punch will surely make your day bright!